This rain drop effect using gel polish and nail pigment powders is a fun pop of colour . It’s also slightly textile with the raised dots creating some eye catching dimension. Here’s how to re-create it!
(Onto a prepped and cured, base coated nail)
- 2x coats of chosen background colour and CURE
- 1x coat transparent pink and CURE
- Onto the inhibition layer of this pink, adhere your nail pigment powders to the entire nail surface. Use a fluffy brush in between each colour to dust away excess powder, wiping it on a paper towel between each use
- Using a striping brush, dab drops of top coat over the nail. Focus on areas where two or more colours meet at the edges for a more dramatic final effect and CURE
- Cleanse the nail to remove all powder not sealed by the top coat. This is where the magic happens and your colourful rain drops will be revealed!
- Finish with a final top coat and CURE to complete the nail
*NOTE: You could use a top coat at step 2 and leave your nail completed after step 5 but personally, I always prefer to double top coat any and all nail art for better wear for busy clients.
USED IN THIS VIDEO:
Gelish Mint of Spring (Mint Green)
Gelish Sheer Pink